The founders of the foundation have a rich background in the arts and will continue to use their skills and experience to support the development of the arts curriculum, especially from where the gap in training skills has been identified i.e year nine to degree level. We are approaching this quest in three ways:
- Building our partnership work with the National Centre for Arts and Culture
- Building our partnership work with the University of The Gambia
- Strengthening the skills and facilitation experience of local artist
- Developing the building offered by St Peters Technical Secondary School, into an Arts and Informal Education Learning Centre
- Sourcing artists through The Vessel UK that can share ideas and practice
- Working with experienced local artists to develop visual arts projects in the community
For more information see: 2014 UN Development Programme report.